E3 2014: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. officially revealed for 3DS
Nintendo have revealed behind closed doors (for now) that Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (Strike Team Eliminating The Alien Menace) is coming to the 3DS, showing off a cel-shaded London, with a steampunk vibe to it. From what we hear, the gameplay is a mixture of turn-based and third person shooter elements. The game is being developed by Intelligent Systems, who have been responsible for Nintendo favourites such as Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.
Get Steamed Up!
Launch S.T.E.A.M., an elite team of steam-powered special-forces soldiers, to save the world from an alien menace. In this new blend of action and strategy, your commandos use steam power stored in special backpacks to move into position and fire an arsenal of distinct weapons. Pick your team members and load out, then use strategy to decide the best way to approach this steampunk- inspired battlefield.
- Experience a new, steampunk-inspired turn-based action strategy game from Intelligent Systems, the company behind classics like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.
- Outflank and outshoot the enemy in a fully 3D battlefield. To defeat aliens, you have to take cover, set up ambushes and unleash crossfires and counter-attacks.
- An unexpected cast of characters leaps to life in stylized 3D graph- ics and comic-book-style cinematics.
- Harness the power of steam, which plays a vital role to power the world, including powering movement and weapon use. Managing steam reserves is key to strategy.
- Battle through alien-infested maps using a four-member team comprised of diverse characters that have unique abilities and weapons.